A Different Kind of Pinterest Challenge

November 8, 2011

For any of you that follow me on Pinterest, you might notice that a ton of things once pinned, are pinned no more. That's because I'm changing the way I pin.

There's a little ember burning in some areas of blog land, and Pinterest is at the center of it. More specifically, on the topics of copyrighted works and intellectual property.

Without getting into the banter, I'm challenging myself to only pin things that can be linked back to the original source.

I'm extending the same challenge to YOU!

Think of it this way: If you worked really hard on creating something, how would it feel for someone else to get credit for your work? Not good, right? That's essentially what's happening a lot on Pinterest. Some really brilliant, creative people are having their work spattered all over the interweb, without a smidgen of positive feedback directed back to them. Kind of a bummer.

No judgement from me, of course, if you decide to keep pinning as per usual. But I do believe we can all be better and more supportive bloggers, readers, and pinners by giving credit where credit's due (to quote Addicted 2 Decorating's Kristi).

So, are you up to the challenge?

For more on this surprisingly touchy topic, check out some posts from these lovely people.

So Here's My Problem With Pinterest (and Lazy Bloggers, and Irresponsible Website Creators) via Addicted 2 Decorating

Why I Plaster My Logo on Every Photo via House of Hepworths

Update: Check out this post on "Pintegrity"! by The Scrappy Housewife.

The Scrappy Housewife

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger